Saturday, July 25, 2009

Visit with Great Grandma!

Today we drove out to Fullerton to have lunch with my grandma. I was really looking forward to it since we haven't seen her in a little while. When we arrived it was a different story. The minute she opened the door I knew something wasn't right. She looked so weak and not her usual self. I know she's 96 years old, but she is always so full of spunk!!!

We visited in her room for a few before heading down to the dinning room, which I must say the food isn't so bad for a retirement home. She seemed very dizzy and seemed a little confused as we walked down...... I had to hold back my tears. It's really hard to watch her age like this. I suggested to her that she get a walker or a wheel chair because I was afraid that she might fall, and she was not happy to hear that. She is very independent and said to me, I'm going to walk as long as I can...."I don't need any of those things"! I can't blame her either.

Lunch was nice and as always it's nice to catch up on what's going on in our lives.

After lunch Caden and Brandon took a nice walk around the grounds so the older people could see him. The people there love kids and Caden loves visiting with them too! He even got a balloon :) We visited for a little bit in her room before it was time to head out. Caden was having way too much fun with grandma's phone that I was afraid he might call 911.

I really want to make an effort to see her more often, It's so hard to see her like that, but I know I don't have a lot of years left with her.

Caden with his Great Grandma Becker!!


No comments:

Post a Comment